Bentonite Diving

Hello to all,

It has always been said that diving in mud (bentonite) is very hazardous due to the risk of wall collapse. I’ve done it many times and I agree that it was not my cup of tea to dive and work in it. You need a lot of extra weight to be able to go down. Breathing (exhalation) is difficult, movements are restrained and yes, sometimes you’ve the sensation that some parts of the wall are falling on you. But within the last fifty years I’ve never heard about one single accident.

Of course during the first 35 previous years Internet was not yet available and thus the collection of accurate data was difficult to obtain. Today thanks to it nearly all the commercial divers of the world are in close contact and the communication of reliable information goes much better. Thus the purpose of my message is: Have you in all parts of the world ever heard of this specific type of accident?

Thanks for sharing.

Hola a todos,

Se ha dicho siempre que buceo en barro (bentonita) es muy peligroso debido al riesgo de colapso de la pared. He hecho muchas veces y estoy de acuerdo en que no era mi taza de té para bucear y trabajar en él. Tienes un montón de peso extra para poder bajar. Respiración (espiración) es difícil, los movimientos son refrenados y Sí, a veces tienes la sensación de que algunas partes de la pared están cayendo sobre ti. Pero dentro de los últimos cincuenta años nunca he oído sobre un solo accidente.

Por supuesto durante los primeros 35 años anteriores Internet aún no estaba disponible y así era difícil obtener la colección de datos precisos. Hoy gracias a casi todos los buzos comerciales del mundo están en estrecho contacto y la comunicación de información fiable va mucho mejor. ¿Así el propósito de mi mensaje es: que en todas partes del mundo ha oído de este tipo específico de accidente?

Gracias por compartir.

Papy One

Views: 498

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Diving in bentonite is always a risk for the diver.

to eliminate exhaust difficulties use and extended exhaust hose. Always use free flow in helmet for breathing.

Always have a T-Jet and an air shovel going to keep the h*** open.( Air shovel= 4"x8' air lift.)

If diving in drilled shafts on land with bentonite according to OSHA the h*** must have pipe liner.

I have made dives over 100 feet in lined drill h***s ( remember bentonite density is greater then water and that changes your depth to deeper

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service