Hello,

I am new to cDiver.net and hoping that this will be a good network to finding the best information.

I am an PDIC open water diver with little experience, but wanting to get into the commercial dive industry.

Out of all the forums and discussions that I've been reading, it's obvious that the industry is difficult to find work in. So should I seriously look into going to a school that offers HSE so that my options are open beyond the US?

Also, it seems as if off shore, GOM etc. is its own entity and completely separate from inland diving; like you have to do one or the other. How true is this?

Lastly, I am also under the impression that there just isn't a job were you can stay, earn your keep, and retire. It looks like one would have to make his/her career out of working for 100 different companies.

Does anyone have any advise for me?

Views: 282

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Stay away till another hurricane hits

Bob Boles once told me, "if you're in the business long enough, you will have worked for everyone".  

To answer your question.  HSE is the way to go.  But don't bother....the industry is flooded.  Stay with the scubadoobies.  

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service