I just recently graduated from CDA. Miami Divers was one of the first companies i sent my resume to. They called me back the next day they said they where interested in me because of my welding background. I was told to be down there Tuesday and start Wednesday. I was told they would put me up in a house for the first 30 days and work me 7 days a week and at the end of the thirty days if they liked me that they will hire me. i would like to know if you have worked for them; how did you like it? Did they pay you fair? They also said if they choose to hire me i could negotiate my pay rate. To those guys that have been around for a wile what would be a fair but good pay rate for a green diver in the ship husbandry field. Thank you for your comments.

Views: 3161

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well just turn all that around.  Give them 30 days to prove to you that they are good company to work for.  As a new diver/tender you need to make enough in one week to make the rent for a good apartment in the area.

I've never worked for them, but they've been around for a good while now, they must be doing something right.

There are some other good companies in that area worth a look/try.

Good luck pup!

whats your other option, not go to work?

they will either put you up in the miami hilton which is upstairs from the shop, or they started renovating a b***alow down the street.

ship husbandry is a b**** but it will make you a better diver, miami is a relatively good company.

the pay rate is nothing special, but you will work more hours than you know what to do with. the guys that you will work with are top notch. definitely know their stuff. I work for All-Sea which is part of the alliance that miami works with so if you work out, and end up on an alliance job say hi.

will do thanks! not working is defiantly not an option
why do you say ship husbandry is a b****?
don't get me wrong im not b****ing this is my first pick in companies i am just trying to get a feel from those who have worked for them or with them
I have worked with them a few times (They are part of an alliance, I worked for their sister company in Cali). Always seemed to have work, their rate was $15/hr? lots of travel/ O.T., they never seemed to be the safest group of divers, but maybe things have changed in the last 2 yrs....?  Definitely feel them out the first 30 days.
Spend big money to go to school only to make $15. a hr what a good deal.
only way I would work for 15 a hour is if I was fresh out of school brought nothing to the table but willingness to learn and was tending. Otherwise I wouldnt work for that wage

They are a good company and being inland in Fl working for 15 out of school isn't bad. Some GOM companies are paying 9-10 minimum wage in the shop.

Give Kevin the 30 days and then go to 21.00 to tend then 30 to dive~

They do construction along with everything else marine, and allot of welding~ You'll have fun with those guys~

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service