Hey everyone. My name is Diana, i'm 22 years old and i'm also a female lol. i know its rare to see girls in this industry but i have my mind set that this is something i want to do for a lifetime. I'm a very hardworking, and motivated individual. my question to everyone is, how is the job market right now? also i'm looking into getting in at CDA in Jacksonville,fl. if anyone went there can you fill me in on your experience? what steps should i take? and pretty much anything that i need to know. i know job market sucks right now but i'm the type of person that can adapt to anything, from moving to alaska to going away for a year or so. anything helps. thank you so much and i appreciate it.

Views: 421

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

schools the easy part the real test is if you can hang in the industry for more than a year. thats what a good friend and one of my instructors Red at CDA said "If your still in the industry in 2 years you passed the test. just work hard and use your ears more than your mouth. thats the most important thing I've learned in my 10 years in construction. Good luck
Once you graduated were you able to find a job right away like they promised? or did they atleast point you to the right direction? Also, have you done offshore welding? thats what i'm leaning more towards to
no dont count on them doing anything for you. you have to make it happen for yourself. they will let you know if a company is hiring thats about it. from what i know there are 3 of us out of 19 that are working one week out of school. the jobs are out there you just have to keep knocking on doors.

Diana, What is your background in construction? or what do you know how to do, hands on?

for a school I would highly recommend Santa Barbara City College Marine Technology. the cost is very cost effective over the high dollar puppy mills.

Recommend you obtain AWS D1/.1 welding certs prior to dive school, better yet AWS 6G pipe weld certs.

If you go to SBCC recommend you obtain your AA degree which will be a stepping stone to advancement.

Education is the name of the game, knuckle draggers are in low demand.

I can make an Engineer a diver I cannot make a diver a engineer, get the point.

Its a buyers market.

good luck your climbing a tough ladder young lady not only because your a girl but also your age this industry has 1 train of thought and girls in diving dont mix but at the end of it it all matters on how much you want it as far as i know theres only about 20 female divers out there and 3 of them went as far as bell saturation.
Bell saturation? what other saturation is there?
join the Navy let them pay you.

Ha Ha Ha Navy? Really? I needed a laugh today!

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service