Course Objectives

To enable delegates to become fully aware of dive system auditing procedures, utilising IMCA doc**entation and development of knowledge of industry recommendations and 'best practice'. A fundamental thread of the course is the term 'competency' and how to identify the competency of individuals to carry out audit procedures to comply with IMCA recommendations as per IMCA D011.
Course Content

The course is based both in the classroom together with practical sessions on the NHC Saturation Dive System. Theory covers the question "why we audit dive systems" and the benefits it brings to all parties involved, as well as the detailed process of auditing linked to the necessary IMCA doc**entation.

D.E.S.I.G.N is an acronym for Diving Equipment Systems Inspection Guidance Note. The doc**ent was published in 1989 by the AODC to clarify interpretations of auditing diving systems in the UK sector by introducing a common standard.

In 2000 IMCA revised and simplified D.E.S.I.G.N to coincide with the UK diving regulations, whilst at the same time, adapting the doc**ent for international use. D.E.S.I.G.N offers examples of good working practice. The doc**ent holds no direct legal status to operations carried out, however it is recognised within industry as conformity to best practice and competence.

Delegates will gain a clear understanding of how client operators and diving contractors utilise the audit procedure and the associated doc**entation, the importance of accuracy and the links to other aspects such as FMEA (Failure Mode Effects Analysis).
Course Outline

Why audit dive systems?
Practical Audit on Saturation System
Completing Audit Doc**entation
The Role of the Auditor
Development of D.E.S.I.G.N Audits
Certifying Authorities
IMCA D018, D023, D024, D037 & D040
Accidents & Lessons Learned
Planning & Preparation for an Audit
Reporting and Closing Meetings
Certification and PMS
Closing out Audit Findings

Rating:
  • Currently 0/5 stars.

Views: 109

Comment

You need to be a member of cDiver.net to add comments!

Join cDiver.net

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service