272 S Fries Ave los Angeles Harbor
Wilmington, CA 90744-6399
http://www.onveon.com/college/profile/college-oceaneering-90744.htm

National Polytechnic College of Engineering and Oceaneering was started in 1967 and provides programs in every aspect of deep sea diving that also include underwater oil-field training. It was first named Commercial Diving center and in 1973, Oceaneering International bought it and it was then renamed to National Polytechnic College of Engineering and Oceaneering. It then became a part of the National University system. It became accredited in 2004.
About the campus
The college is a Colonial Revival-style wood frame and stucco building in the Harbor District. There are several buildings with a library and student lounge for the students to relax in while studying. There is no on campus housing or meals plans but the faulty can help you with off campus housing with the many lists of houses and apartments that it has available to each of them. Due to the type of training each student must have, his or her own medical and dental insurance as well as accidental coverage. The school is not liable for any medical bills. They also must carry car insurance if they plan to have a vehicle on campus. Parking is available for students and a bike area is also reserved. Keep vehicles locked at all times. The school is not responsible for theft, damage, illegal entry or anything else to do with private vehicles.
About the courses
There are four categories of programs: allied health, engineering technology, marine technology, and security management. They now have hyperbaric medical technology. They now have a specialized Homeland security management concentration that has been designed to help meet the special needs for public safety and military divers. The other courses in Homeland security is International and domestic terrorism, Seaport security just to name a few. You can go to the website and see all the programs available under the other majors as well.

Rating:
  • Currently 0/5 stars.

Views: 105

Comment

You need to be a member of cDiver.net to add comments!

Join cDiver.net

Comment by J James on February 28, 2011 at 8:54am

Yes I think you are right.........

The College was originally established in 1967 as the Commercial Diving Center at

the Port of Los Angeles in Wilmington and later was renamed the College of

Oceaneering in 1973 when it was purchased by Oceaneering International.

In 2002, the College was purchased by National University and now is a non-profit

organization and a member of the National University System.

Also in 2002, the College opened a second campus in San Diego, California.

In 2004, recognizing the growing demands of the marine technology field, the

College revised its mission and changed its name from the College of Oceaneering to

National Polytechnic College of Engineering and Oceaneering.

In April of 2005 the College opened a third campus in Honolulu, Hawaii and offers the marine technology (commercial diving) program.

The National Polytechnic College of Engineering and Oceaneering and Yet Another Name Change

National University Polytechnic Institute

Yup when I went it was College of Oceaneering ...Now no one knows what it will be next.....

IT Might just end up as POLY want a cracker

Comment by Barone on February 27, 2011 at 12:58pm
It was the College of OCEANEERING when I went. I think

is a stupid name sounds like POLY want a cracker

Comment by J James on February 27, 2011 at 8:31am
Contact Information now on web:
Admissions:
(800) NAT-UNIV (628-8648)
Career Center:
(858) 541-7950
Extended Learning:
(800) NAT-UNIV, ext. 8600 or 858-642-8600
Financial Aid:
(858) 642-8500
International Programs Office:
(858) 541-7960
Registrar’s Office:
(858) 642-8260
Student Concierge Service:
(866) 628-8988
Testing Services:
(858) 541-7951
Veteran’s Affairs Office:
(858) 541-7970
Comment by J James on February 27, 2011 at 8:29am

Professional Certificate in Marine Technology

Commercial diving is an exciting career that employs familiar surface-pursued aspects such as medicine, construction, and materials science in the dynamic underwater arena.

Reach higher with a Commercial Diving certificate and call yourself one of the elite few who make their living in one of the world’s most exciting careers. The following program is available within this department:

• Professional Certificate in Marine Technology
  • Approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for Benefits

Upon completion, you’ll receive your commercial diving ticket to work in oceans, rivers, lakes, harbors, and anywhere there’s water. And with our nation’s security issues, as well as the ever-increasing pursuit of natural resources, alternative food, and living sources beneath the surface. Job growth opportunities continue to grow.

At the successful completion of the Professional Certificate in Marine Technology program students will receive:

Certificate of Completion as Commercial Diver

• Association of Commercial Diving Educators (ACDE) Card
  • Association of Diving Contractors International (ADCI) Card
  • Diver Medic Technician (DMT) Card (Only Diving Medic Technician students  are eligible to receive DMT card. Students must submit application to the university, which will then be mailed to the National Board of Diving and Hyperbaric Medical Technology (NBDHMT) who will mail the student their DMT card
  • Basic Life Support (BLS) /cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) Card
  • Forklift and Crane Safety Operations Certificate

Tours of our facility are offered on Thursdays from 10:00 AM – 10:30AM at our Kearny Mesa Campus
3580 Aero Court
Room 16
San Diego, CA 92123

http://www.nu.edu/OurPrograms/ExtendedLearning/National-University-...

Student Account must be paid in full and all program requirements must be met in order to receive Certificate of Completion for Professional Certificate in Marine Technology.

Breathe easy. You’ll be ready.

Program Fee
$2,000: the student fee for materials and supplies is required to be paid prior to attending the first class.

Comment by J James on February 27, 2011 at 8:23am

A Certificate in Marine Technology from National University Polytechnic Institute will open the doorway for you to become among an elite few who make their living in one of the world’s most exciting careers, commercial diving.  The Professional Certificate in Marine Technology is now eligible for Veterans Affairs Benefits.

Our programs are offered in a format that meets your needs, including:

• Flexible Course Scheduling
  • Financial Aid
  • Job Placement Assistance

Submit your contact information and a National University Polytechnic Institute advisor will contact you.

Former and current students can contact National University for assistance with transcripts and student account information.

For more information, please call (800) 432-3483 to speak with a representative today.

This Is what they have for a page now.... I still think you may be right...and that you said it right either way its not like it used to be when I went.

Comment by J James on February 27, 2011 at 8:16am

It may have I know that when Nat Poly bought them out alot changed best to call and see what is up with it. When you bing search for it you get a redirect page for it that looks like this:

Dear Prospective Student –
Effective April 16, 2010, National Polytechnic College of Science will no longer be enrolling new students.

Individuals interested in the College’s previous programs should contact National University Polytechnic Institute.

Former National Polytechnic College of Science students can contact National University for assistance with transcripts and student account information.

For more information, please call (800) 432-3483 to speak with a representative today.

Visitors to this website will automatically be redirected to the National University Polytechnic Institute's website.

Then it redirects to this page:

I am Not a fan of them being bought out and the names changes over and over again..... I called the 800 number and the number is still good...but like you so well I think it may be done

I know that in the last few years divers have tried to use their lifetime job placement service and got no real assistance.

I tried to use the job placement in the late 90s and all I got was a current list of contractors that I could have gotten from ADC or other sources. 

Comment by Fred C. Johnson on February 27, 2011 at 7:59am

Word I received is the dive program has gone tits up and closed down.

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service