Whats it like other years when things aren't in an economic downturn. Just curious since I know things are in the crapper right now and was offered a very lucrative welding job but still have a passion for working underwater (underwater welding to be specific). So if things are usually pretty good with finding a job when the economy and everything is more stable I would be able to pass on this job. Thanks for your help and time.

Views: 150

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hunker down & watch divers rates circle the bowl as the knives come out in the middle east & asia.*** the games have begun. Some of the Arab contractors have started asking for India residents only to respond to dive openings. - $$. Inland work is tight and tightening. Altogether if you're not locked in now you're in fierce competition. I hope you are good.
Hi John, it was a topside welding job and I have no experience underwater let along underwater welding. Thanks for the in depth reply Toby, I appreciate it. Basically what it boils down to is if I can make the same of amount of money as a commercial diver as I can as a welder assuming times are stable is what is really my main concern. I love welding, and I love being underwater so I thought mine as well get paid for being underwater. Just want a good source of income, ya know.
That I have not done yet Shaun, right now I have a chance to make good money doing something I love which is welding but commercial diving has always been something I wanted to do an believe I would be great at it also (with time of course). I just dont want to drop the money, get the training, and suddenly be out of school with no work to be found. If things are usually better when I economy is more stable I would be able to stick it out until that time when ever it may be.

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service