Starting a NON ADCI dive school. Veteran Owned and Operated Looking for input.

Ok Crew, Im at it again. TIme for divers to stand up and stand out! I have been working on this for awhile. The only way we can retake this industry is to re write the standards being taught. I am looking for former NAVY, ARMY, COAST GUARD, and MARINE DIVING Instructors to assist in creating a real world diver training program.

256-312-9503, e-mail jerry.babin@yahoo.com 

No smart ass comments, please no student or rookie comments at this time. Sr. Divers and former instructors ONLY.

Views: 1319

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh, one other thought. Why do these dive schools take whatever walks in the door. You know, professional sports teams go out and recruit the best. I know alot of young men that are more than qualified to work in the offshore oil industry, with oilfield experience, that would be interested in being a professional deep sea diver. Why not go after them? Then you are giving the "diving" instructors something to work with right off the bat, and offering the diving contractors and the overall industry, a superior product. Getting them financed is another fuction of the business. If you need a recruiter, let me know. I'm in the heart of the California oil industry, and was a deep sea diver in the Gulf of Mexico.

Thanks the general Idea would be that oil people would be interested, however when every fish that sees Men of Honor thinks he/she can beat Billy Sunday, its hard to weed out trash until they are on deck. We will only card the best, and they will be Divers not Tender/Divers.

Legally you cannot deny access to any student wanting to learn (ADA & Education access laws) everyone is entitled to attend, however graduation and a card is not a right and there are some schools who allow recycles (some next day returns) iif they pay a "FEE" I am trying to recreate a Military training environment that will give students a want to learn or D.O.R. attitude. I have friends in the oil business who cannot wait until the first batch gets marketed to the GOM. The ADC will only survive as long as we support it. As divers, we have an obligation to return it to doing what it really is, being a Walmart for the Diving industry.

Oh wait so we shouldn't be hiring convicts and loosers? Whow what a concept!!!!!

??????????

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service