I would like some feed-back on wether or not I should be attending a school to recieve s ADC Tender, Diver/Tender or Diver Certification Card, with a concentration in NDT. Here are the facts!

Location - California
Tuition approximately - $18,500
Books & Supplies - $600.00
Time -50 weeks 2 days per week

My question is. Is all of this worth the Tender cert? Can I get certified cheaper and faster some place else. And when its all said and done are the jobs really out there or is the school making false promices. I need to know what you think.

Views: 4668

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

THE ABOVE IS WORTHLESS!

REVIEW THE FOLLOWING URL;

http://www.nyd.org/cgi-bin/nyd/imaker?id=614&visdybde=2&akt...

BEST VALUE FOR THE MONEY{much less than $18,500.00 USD, You could take the course, travel to and from, lodging and purchase a new helmet for less than $18,500.00 USD] and You will have REAL INTERNATIONAL CERTIFICATION You can use worldwide, including the Norwegian North Sea Sector.

INVESTIGATE AND YOU WILL SEE, THE MONEY YOU SAY WILL BE YOUR!
For low costs check out Young Memorial in Louisiana. Very cheap and I believe under 9 months. For great training and international certifications I strongly suggest Divers Institute of Technology in Seattle. It cost roughly 18,500 like the school in california. D.I.T. Is the only school with international certifications. You will be able to work in places that divers who attended other schools will not.
Check out Young Memorial in Louisiana for low costs. For international certifications from a U.S. School and great training I strongly suggest Divers Institute of Technology in Seattle which is about the same costs as the school you mentioned in California. Do your research before you dive into anything.
You can get certified to HSE level 2 in South Africa for about $5000US
Hey Man,

Yes you can go faster and cheaper

I went to this school :

Professional Diving centre , Durban , South Africa

Good training, for about 5 grand.
School doesn't take care of finding a job, that's up to you.

All I know is that when you graduate, your ticket is IMCA certified.
Only thing is I don't know about validity of your ticket in the States.
Only thing I can tell is that my ticket's recognized all over Europe and the UK

Go check them out on the internet

All I can say is ; hard work, great school , great instructors , great fun to do

DO NOT go to the school outside of Cape Town, also in S-A
The school is under investigation for the moment because they seem to be tampering with logging dives an s*** like that AND they're NOT recognized by IMCA

If you need more info , let me know

cheers !
Thanks for the advise. I have recently requested an information pakage from D.I.T. what school did you attend and how long have you been diving. I have also requested information from a school in Brainerd Minnesotta. The school says it takes 8 weeks, 6 days a week for 2 monts and your certified.

Also on another note, I am hereing two sides to my most important question. Is there work out there for a diver right out of school and where and how much can I realisticaly earn. Or is the industry saturated with workers and not enough work.

Aquaholic said:
For low costs check out Young Memorial in Louisiana. Very cheap and I believe under 9 months. For great training and international certifications I strongly suggest Divers Institute of Technology in Seattle. It cost roughly 18,500 like the school in california. D.I.T. Is the only school with international certifications. You will be able to work in places that divers who attended other schools will not.
I went to the school in brainerd. Its a good school its fast and cheap but people will give you a hard time for it but its just becose you did not spend 18000 and you still got your ADC card.
DO NOT GO TO A BIG SCHOOL. You will learn more on the job thean you will in class.
hey Joe,Juan here..you can also check out commercial diving academy.They help out with an underwater welder's certification but they are kinda steep pricewise..they do ADC certify you and are also recognized by the IMCA..this is the school I'm planning on attending at some point in my life *LOL*..plus sides: they offer a dorm and food for the duration of your training which will run about 4 months and they have cla**** beginning just about every month of the year. check em out:
www.cda.edu

hope this will make your decision a lil easier..I know how you feel,man..its a big step to take and we dont want to be sitting out there with our butt hanging in the wind and no work after we graduate!

but don't give up!
goodluck!
Juan

Joe Velazquez said:
Thanks for the advise. I have recently requested an information pakage from D.I.T. what school did you attend and how long have you been diving. I have also requested information from a school in Brainerd Minnesotta. The school says it takes 8 weeks, 6 days a week for 2 monts and your certified.

Also on another note, I am hereing two sides to my most important question. Is there work out there for a diver right out of school and where and how much can I realisticaly earn. Or is the industry saturated with workers and not enough work.

Aquaholic said:
I am also thinking about the MN Brainerd School in may. I'm just starting the student loan proscess. Any advice on student loan money other than the self loan that the Brainerd school recommends. Alos, are you currently working as a diver/tender and where. Does the school help with placement. I called the school and spoke with a gentleman, forgot his name, he said he was 74 years old with 50 years of experience. He said the work is out there and they help point the way but they dont gaurantee a job. Who is hiring and how much do they acctually pay.

chris said:
I went to the school in brainerd. Its a good school its fast and cheap but people will give you a hard time for it but its just becose you did not spend 18000 and you still got your ADC card.
DO NOT GO TO A BIG SCHOOL. You will learn more on the job thean you will in class.
You must have spoke with bill he is the owner of the school good guy. As for the loan don't know what to tell you. I went 5 years ago and its was cheaper and i was able to pay cash. Jobs all i can say is pick up the phone and call they are out there but its slow. Pay sell your self like a cheap whore and take any job you can in tell you have some thing to offer. Its tuff but if you stick with it the money will come.
Basically,most ,if not all, schools will do what they have to do to generate business.This is where some common sense research will help.Ask questions,request info on past students and even see if you can find some of them and ask them yourself for the pro's and con's of where they attended and how they are currently doing.
It's not like there is a diving school in all 50 of the states
I'm attending PDC in South Africa this upcoming wed.
So far out of pocket for Courses,DMT,Plane,Bed,3 meals a day I'm out 10,910.. South African Cert that is recognized by IMCA. Same thing at any US or UK (besides morgan city) your looking at 26k.

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service