Info on Recommendations for New Coast Guard Diving CFR's

For those of you that are interested this web site will let you read what is being recommended and by who.

http://www.regulations.gov/search/Regs/home.html#docketDetail?R=USCG-1998-3786

You will note that the ADCI still wants no one responcible but the Dive Sup..

Views: 296

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well the way I see it is we should all review what the ADCI puts out and make our suggestion. Who know they might do it right and I can post an I recommend you accept these Standards letter. If not I will post my objections to the Coast Guard.
Pls keep this topic on the front page.....it affects us all*
Do it Dale it makes sense.
Dale the owners of this site are doing things. Since I came in the business it hasd been the same. DO NOT ROCK THE BOAT!!
Very good Dale more need to chime in instead of being follow along with anything that is thrown at them. The choice dummies or professional divers educate yourself others already are. Now is the time for commercial divers to represent themselves instead of letting other organizations.
If you aren't reporting near misses and injuries to the authorities, you are letting unsafe companies represent you. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. If there's a desire for a 'World-Wide Safe Dive' organziation formed by the divers FOR the divers, then it has to start somehwere. I am starting here -this forum -with Coast Guard Regualtions, bcuz everyone says that's the current problem. Out of date regulations. But, I don't really see anything in there that's going to change alot of the safety problems in the field, especially deck plate level. If we and the companies we work for don't educate the authorities about what we know, what we see, what we learned the hard way, then how can we expect them to know it and regulate it? If I want rules that are designed to make my job better, i guess i better go tell them what ISN'T SAFE and how i know it isn't safe. Or, at the expense of one life, we learned someting important that might save the next guys life - if we share that information. Or, (sneaky/sneaky) we can just keep it in-house otherwise we might imply fault, as a diver, or as a company, and we don't want to tarnish that fancy 'safety performance' trophy or risk not getting our bonus. uh....i'm just so disgusted.

right now it appears everyone is following along, waiting for a leader to fix this. ADCI wants to lead. And for many, that's not good enough. they don't like ADCI. Well, then who? Then what? bcuz until someone else comes up with something better, it's just a game of follow the leader. and guess who's leading.
Dirty Job That is a very good point! Who is leading who??? there are a lot of people that will moan and complain but when you try to get them to stand up they just crawfish and coward down in fear of???? Im not saying we need to unionise but we do need to stand up to the people that are effecting our everyday livelyhood And the only way to do that is hit them in numbers Everybody can sit here and complain all day on the forum but until there is some sort of organized cayos on our part we as divers in the field will get nowhere
John - I didn't get that impression - quote "ADCI still wants no one responcible but the Dive Sup" Enlighten me, if you don't mind. I do think the dive sup holds quite a bit of the responsibility for our lives; dead friends bcuz dive sups were distracted/tired/unqual'd/swapping shifts without a proper relief of watch. And, from the looks of things, potentially a continuing problem bcuz they are putting the folks in dive sup positions that barely could keep their wits about them during an incident. You wash my back (company man says to dive team as he prepares to talk to coast guard investigators) and I'll wash yours (keep you on staff, despite your shoddy performance). It's politix. Unsafe companies paying off unsafe divers to hush/hush, then promoting them up the ranks -then they move to another company with a great reference and everyone forgets about the dead guy. What are the questions that really need to be asked so the regs can address who is ULTIMATELY RESPONSIBLE?
THANK YOU FOR SPEAKING THE TRUTH AND HOW IT SEEMS TO WORK WHEN THE S*** HITS THE FAN. WAKE UP EVERYBODY.
The Current CFR's that are never enforced (that means no inspection of your dive station by a knowledgeable person, no fine for miss deeds and no determination of fault when something does happens) works like this. When push comes to shove it is: "Can’t you just" from the Project manager who has no legal responsible under the CFR’s. Since they say who works their job, if you don’t accommodate you don’t work. I have taken this crap in my wallet for years as they do not put me on the kind of jobs where you have to fudge the basics.

Here is a Roatism:S*** does role up hill, you just have to be willing to bend over, put your hands in it and roll back to the top. Just don’t expect the people at the top of the hill to love you for it.
JOHN CARL ROAT YOU SPEAK TRUTH AND HOW IT SEEMS TO WORK OUT IN THE FIELD WHEN A DIVER GETS HURT OR DIES. THIS AFFECTS ALL OF US AND OUR FAMILYS. THANK YOU FOR BEING A STAND UP GUY.
I agree John. I have been hit hard in my pocket book for standing up for safety and fairness in hourly reporting. When I started to promote the ACDA / ICDA organization my employement was hit hard. We do need an organization composed of the working divers and associated personnell but the tough, big, bad, divers seem to be all talk and no action when it comes to this and suddenly you look around and everyone has deserted you to the wolves.

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service