I am doing historical research for the Cordell Bank National Marine Sanctuary with NOAA's Maritime Heritage Program regarding early diving on Cordell Bank, in the 1960s through the early 1980s.  We are particularly interested in dives at Cordell Bank by or for the Navy in connection with its SOSUS program to detect Soviet submarines.

I am trying to contact instructors and others associated with the Coastal School of Deep Sea Diving in Oakland, CA who were involved in this activity, including Bill Cooper (an instructor in the mid 1970s) and an instructor in 1982 named Frank.

Information or contact information regarding any other Cordell Bank divers for the Navy or otherwise in the 1960s or 1970s would be welcome. I am familiar with the diving by Dr. Robert Schmieder commencing in 1978, as Dr. Schmieder is working with me on this project.

I would very much appreciate any information in this regard, and I would be happy to explain the research further.  I can be contacted at "gclyde" at "well.com" or at PO Box 861, Marshall, CA 94940..

George Clyde

Views: 589

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks!  Will do.  G.

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service