Hi my name is Melinez Cabrera, im an 8th grader at LA Ainger Middle School. Im doing a career ed project and one of my requirements is to interview a worker in the job field that im researching. Being that im doing a commercial diver, id like to contact somebody in that field to ask a few questions. Please write back as soon as possible. Thank you for your time.

Views: 62

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Melinez, why don't you ask some questions and we'll see if some nice people can give you some good answers?
Hi. Nice to meet you & thanks for the reply.

what are the day to day responsibilities of this job?

what type of person fits well with your companys working conditions?

what are some skills & abilities needed to succed in this job?

whats the funnest part of your job?

what are some of the exciting things you encounter while diving?

if you could change something about your job, what would it be & why ?

what education & training does this job require?

what lead you to this career choice?

how much experience do you have/had in this career?

who do/did you work for?

I ESPECIALLY NEED THE LAST 3 ANSWERED.
thank you ! (:
Day to day-a diver must be proficient in the use and maintenance of different diving systems and tools of his trade, as well as understanding specific job requirements and best practices to accomplish those tasks. He/she must have an in depth knowledge of the field he is working in ie. inland construction, marine research,nuclear, offshore construction, salvage, inspection, welding/fabrication etc This takes at a minimum 3-4 yrs diving experience befor a diver is close to being proficient.
The type of person that fits this kind of work is able to work independently, and as part of a team. Able to think on his feet, responding appropriately to rapid changes in circ**stance and work demands.
An ideal candidate for this work is a well rounded personality-stable, not panicky-experienced widely with equipment applications and limitations, someone well aware of his/her capabilities and limitations. As there are several different types of commercial diving the diver for each must be well trained in not only diving but specialized skills appropriate to the demands of that field of diving. They must be physically fit. There must be ongoing upgrading of skills over the divers working life.
Some of the exciting things about diving work is when things don't happen the way they are planned and adjustments, or alternate plans must be made on the fly keeping in mind diver safety and productivity demands. The opportunities to experience world wide travel is also a big plus, and as I love the sea what could be better?.
One thing I wish I could change about the job would be more available opportunities for employment.
Someone best qualified for this job would have high school and perhaps 2 or 3 years of trade school with strong mechanical experience, metal cutting/welding and fabrication, rigging, marine construction, blueprint reading, non-destructive testing, EMT, and perhaps engineering, and then attending a professional diver training school/institution.
I became a diver because its all I ever wanted to do.
I have 30+ years experience.
I have worked for many, many, many, different companies all over the world, it is unlikely in this business to work for one company over a working career. On the completion of a project its off to a different company/country.
good on us unless its a setup-
Thank you for your inquiry there Mr Melindez.As far as the breed of us you will find that most of us are not smarter than a fith grader! So to answer your questions the best I can here goes.

1) RESSPONCIBITIES:Most Importanatly keep the diver safe no matter your position on the crew
2) FITS IN: Someone who can Keep thier opions to themselves eccept when it comes to safety.
2) ABILITIES: Know how the Sup wants when and where and bring his coffee still being hot and not spilling it in 8 foot seas
3) FUNNEST PART: Answering a post like this
4) EXCITING ENCOUNTERS: Hard to answer that but one time in Morgan city Opps scratch that I mean Ingernate tenders for that question
5) CHANGE: No comment as the media freenzy would be bad
6) EDUCATION: Well that depends who states the requirements but the best is OJT
7) CAREER CHOICE: Family
8) YEARS of EXPERIANCE: 30+
9) EMPLOYMENT: Past and present is everyone!

Now a few questions for you
1) Why did you pick diving as a essay?
2) Why is your profile show you from Fl and not Cali?
3) Whitch headhunter/school do you work for?
4) Do your parents know your on this site?

Bill/FLYNN if I burn in Hell for this responce I'm holding you fully responcible!!! Excluding the law suit Im going to have with the Capt of rum!!!!!!
I`m in for the rum bit...
Melinez-is this paper for Ms. Michaud (guidance councillor), Mrs. Chamberlin, or Mrs. James
If this is legit and can be proved I have no problems helping out and answering Questions in a responcable and proffetional manner but as Flynn in a round about way pointed out it sounds like somebody is fishing to me.

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service