i'am aplying for a t.w.i.c card i was wondering if i could even get one being that i'am a convicted felon for simple drug possesion

Views: 2059

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

this drug possesion was actually with intent to distribute, but got reduced to possesion it's two counts plus i have other old offenses.........when i went to the twic office here in florida they had a sign that read that the offense had to be at least five years old,do you know of anyone with a card with a fresh felonie........thx for the reply p.s a simple poss. charge in fl. is a felony
Simple drug possession ?? my boys at Chino got a big laugh out of that.
With TWIC you go in apply pay you $136. and wait. If they send you a denial letter you have the right to appeal and ask for a waiver.
you then have to provide letters of rehabilitation and send in the waiver request.
They will then grant you a TWIC .
Chino Divers get TWIC cards .
If your in poscession of a USCG License you can get one in about 2 weeks and for just over a $100.
what do you mean by a USCG license
answer= a boat capt license as in United States Coast Guard License
so obviously there's divers with twic cards with more serious felonies.correct?...................what exactly do you mean by letters of rehab? you mean like the courts discharge papers. what if you are currently on probation.
This is gonna be tough for you. The best thing you can do is try. And it is becoming more and more important. Some companies will not hire anyone with out a TWIC. Your opinion, mine, and everyone else's will not get you through the gauntlet. The gray area is "smuggling". They don't like drug charges, but some can get a pass. Just try, the worst thing that could happen is they say no. Then appeal, and maybe you'll get some sympathy.

My personal opinion is that I like the TWIC. I really don't want any body on the crew who made such bad decisions. Every kid who went to school was bombarded with the message that drugs are bad and just say no. Sure, some learn from their mistakes, but most don't.
Sounds like your learning this the hard way.

Good luck.
If you dont know what a USCG license is then its a mute point.
A letter of rehabilitation means you have received training in a trade or drug rehabilitation program and are now on the straight and narrow.
If you need drugs as a crutch to get through the day, forget the diving business it has random drug testing . test dirty and your kicked to the side of the road and don't bother trying to get another chance.
i think you have to wait 5 or 7 years after you have the felony....but the twic card is not that important its for getting in to the ports and stuff so if you work inland it should not be a problem.....lucas
thx again
These days you need a TWIC card to enter any port, harbor, even board some vessels. Inland is your best bet but even then some compaines do work where twic is needed and they wont hire someone who might be not able to get in to the project.
I'm working inland and they've made a TWIC mandatory.

RSS

NEW Commercial Diving Jobs

© 2024   Created by Adam Broetje.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service